After the motherboard replacement I’ve got a blue screen of death (BSOD). This can happen after hard disk replacement also. I’ve used the recipe from here to recover from this failure.
- Download the script file ( mirror )
- Put the script file into the root of your USB Flash
- Boot to the Recovery Console (F8 > Repair Your Computer) or from a system repair/Windows 7 disc.
- Launch the command prompt.
- To determine the name of the USB Flash disk you can use
wmic logicaldisk get name,description
- Change directory to the root of USB disk, e.g
- Run the script
cscript fix_7hdc.vbs /enable /search